1. Collection and collation of realistic Estimate of Capital and Recurrent Expenditure when preparing the budget. Maintaining statutory books of Accounts (both in hard and soft copies) for approved budget execution and financial resources management accountability system.
2. Ensuring prompt rendition of all returns such as consolidated revenue reports, Bank reconciliation statements, revenue and expenditure returns, and oracle cash book generated reports.
3. Disbursement of funds and proper monitoring and accounting for revenue.
4. Liaising with the Accountant General for interpretation of the provisions of Financial Regulation and Treasury circulars.
5. Collaborating in the preparation of Ministry Department and Agency(MDA) Budget proposal and ensuring effective budget and control by matching and comparing budget figures with actual expenditure or revenue, as the case may be and advising the Accounting officers appropriately.
6. Ensuring the existence of effective Audit Query procedures to promptly deal with all queries from internal audit unit, Monitoring and Investigation Directorate of the office of the Accountant General, the office of the State Auditor General and Public Accounts Committee of the State House of Assembly .
The Financial Activities of the Directorate are coordinated by the following sections:
- Budget and Expenditure Control
- Financial Information System .
- Assets and Inventory Management .
- Employee Benefits